Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mentor - mentee

Last Wednesday I had my mentor - mentee session (somekind macam ala-ala counseling) as my patient Fail To Attend (FTA) during my Conservative Dentistry session (slot untuk cuci gigi, tampal gigi, etc.) rugi my session tau! Without wasting my time I went to meet my mentor, Prof. Laith Mahmoud Abdulhadi. He's just sooo awesome I tell you, he was being so positive in his words that the thought "I AM FINDING THIS KIND OF PEOPLE" in my mind. I became motivated with my doubts, now I'm ready to do what I want to complete my 4th year schedule requirement.


We discussed about my Dental Health Education (DHE) that needs us to bring patients for either 40 visits or 6 complete cases, actually I targetted for the 40 points but now I'm stucked as I only have 19 visits and 21 visits more to be completed in 8 weeks before my finals. He solved my problem, luckily I have 2 slots for denture construction sessions per week and he asked me to bring for every of these visits. I counted WOW I'll have 16 points by then so need another 4 extra points, I can do it.
PROBLEM SOLVED!


Next we talked about racist in UM, undeniable that UM is so racist. We only can see clicks according to races, rarely we see "1 Malaysia" haa amek ko! Najib nak 1 Malaysia sangat kan? Hahaha ok back to the story LOL. I said that I don't have much friends in the faculty, specifically coursemates. He spoke this out "Coursemates will stay as coursemates, they can't be real friends who will help you right on the dot when you needed help unless you're one of their gang members". I totally got inspired with this which is so true, I agreed! In my head I said "OMG he's one of the most understanding person I've ever met" truly I'm glad I'm his mentee. I told him it's not that I don't have friends but I DON'T LIKE UM-ians, that's it! I have lots of friends outside, he said it's ok as long they don't isolate me by letting it affect my studies. He even told me he don't have much friends either, but those he had are those the true ones that are worth the lifetime.
PROBLEM SOLVED!


Others are minor stuff that ain't important, he too story me some of his experiences. I went home with a smile :DDD ngee~ Ada jugak kebaikan UM ni haha ingatkan suka dera students saja, ok daa.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger